This is by far one of the most delicious, light, and refreshing salads out there and I think all of my families dinner guests can attest to that! 😉 I think a lot of people get thrown off if they don’t like spinach, but it’s the tartness of the pomegranate seeds, the saltiness of the feta, and the nuttiness of the toasted pine nuts that make for a party in your mouth!
What You’ll Need:
- Baby Spinach
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
Emeril Lagasse’s Balsamic Dressing Recipe:
- 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Pepper
I live by this dressing recipe and use it for a multitude of different salads!
Also not going to lie, I don’t usually measure the actual salad ingredients, just add as much of each item as you would like!
- First, if you’ve bought whole pomegranates, you’ll need to de-seed them. I accomplish this by firmly rolling the pomegranate on the counter on all sides, then I will cut it in half and just use my fingers to get the seeds into a bowl. The juice can also stain so be careful with that!
- Next, you can just add plain pine nuts to the salad but it will be much better if you toast them in a pan first to release the nutty flavours!
- Time to combine! Take a couple of handfuls of the baby spinach into a bowl, now add as much of the pomegranate seeds, sliced red onion, crumbled feta cheese, and toasted pine nuts that tickles your fancy!
- Add only a couple of tablespoons of the dressing at a time. It’s easier to add more later than it is to take away too much!
And there you have it! One of the best friggen salads ever! Enjoy 😉