Tis the season for baking! Every year we take it on ourselves to create a new dessert and bring it to our friend’s place for Christmas Dinner (Friendsmas if you will…). This year we came up with a delicious and super easy Gingerbread Cheesecake recipe! Trust me, if you have a sweet tooth you’ll want to give this one a try!
- 2 1/2 cups graham cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup full-flavour molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat your 9″ springform pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the graham cookie crumbs and the melted butter in a medium sized bowl. Once combined, press onto the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and the sugar together until combined and fluffy (an electric mixer is best for this, however if the cream cheese is left at room temperature it can easily be done by hand).
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Add in vanilla, molasses, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and combine.
6. Pour on top of the graham crust in the springform pan. Place into the oven and bake for 35- 40 minutes. Once cooked, the middle should still be a little jiggly. Do not overcook or else your cheesecake will crack.
7. Chill for 4 hours, or overnight. Serve with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon on top!
IF YOU TRY OUT THIS RECIPE, TAG US SO WE CAN SEE IT!!